For all the teens who want to stay on top of this season’s trends – and parents buying for them – here’s all you need to know about what’s set to be cool throughout autumn and winter.
Some of these items will make fab Christmas presents!
Our top ten trends are…
- Statement Scarf. Wear it bright and with pretty much anything, this is a key item for trendy teens over the coming months.
- Legging Jeans. Skinny Jeans are a fashion story that just runs and runs. Again, this is a flexible look if you are slim enough to carry it off. Pair them with almost anything, from your favourite t-shirt to a well-cut blazer. If you have a curvier figure, ‘boyfriend’ fit Jeans provide a great alternative. You can dress jeans up or down with ease, and if you invest in a good quality pair they are flattering to most figures
- Military Jacket. This season’s nod to King of Pop Michael Jackson, who popularised the item you will see everywhere over the coming months. There are loads of alternatives to choose from on the high street so make a statement in your favourite.
- Boots. The look for boots this year is taller than the ‘shoe-boot’ we have become accustomed to. Up to the knee, neutral flats are most flattering and we love them in suede.
- Shoulder detail. On Balmain style frocks and tops or sharp-shouldered blazers and jackets, this 80s look is huge – so why not embrace the revival.
- Woollen Beanie hats in this season’s berry shades. They look fab and are really toasty!
- Printed and patterned tights to help you keep warm and look great. These tights are an easy way to add interest to your outfit and will look great with the shorter hemline dresses that are going nowhere this season despite the colder weather.
- Tweed. Get classy in tailored tweed. Skirts, shorts and blazers are all bang on trend for autumn and you don’t have to be posh to wear them!
- Long sleeved mini-dresses. Perfect with your patterned tights and flat knee-high boots!
- Studded handbags. For an instantly more edgy look try a rock chic style studded bag – great paired with legging jeans.